The Children’s Engineering Convention has three major components:
1) staff development for K-5 teachers focusing on ways to help children create, use and control technology.
2) teacher demonstrations of ways to infuse technology activities into the Standards of Learning.
3) a showcase of technology-based educational resources. In addition to the special interest sessions/workshops, other opportunities will include education vendor exhibits and an international keynote speaker during each general session.
Participants will experience technology-based activities that contribute to the development of technological awareness. Workshop highlights will focus on experiences that enable children to:
- explore how people create use, and control technology
- apply knowledge in mathematics, science, English, and History and Social Studies in solving problems associated with technology
- use tools and materials to explore personal interest with technology
- exhibit self-confidence through the use of technology
Participants may receive ten (10) re-certification points for full participation in the convention, when the participants have prior approval from their school administration.
We look forward to seeing you at the Children’s Engineering Convention and to your participation in the professional development program.